Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
Administrative and Finance Assistant (AFA) will be assisting the Administrative and Finance Officer (AFO) in the daily operation of BUB project in UNDP Country Office. The AFA will be covering administrative works, finance works, and travel related tasks.
Under the guidance of the UNDP Democratic Governance Team Leader and direct supervision from the Finance and Admin Officer, the Administrative and Finance Assistant shall perform the following:
· Assist in the maintenance of accounting records;
· Process documents for cash advance, liquidation, and reimbursements in a timely manner, for submission to and approval of the UNDP Finance Officer / BUB project manager;
· Assist in the preparation of vouchers
· Assist in the process of incoming payments from different regions
· Asist in the management of ATLAS system subject to access granted by the UNDP Country Office
· Record incoming and outgoing documents related to the project;
· Preparation of Travel Authorizations and processing in the Travel Module
· Maintenance in the filing system ensuring safekeeping of materials
· Perform messengerial tasks when needed;
· Perform such other functions as may be directed by the Finance and Admin Officer and the Programme Manager.
Corporate competencies Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards;
Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP;
Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and adaptability;
Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
Functional and technical competencies
Ability to work in a diverse and multi-cultural environment;
Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure and to meet strict and competing deadlines;
Displays analytical judgment and demonstrated ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive issues in a responsible and mature manner;
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications of the Successful Individual Contractor
College graduate, ideally with a finance / accounting or related background.
At least three years’ experience in clerical/administrative tasks;
Experience in working in a diverse and multi-cultural environment;
Familiarity with ATLAS and Ultramar;
Computer literate; good knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
Previous working experience with a UN agency an asset.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in teams, delivering through and with others;
English and Filipino
Click here to Apply Online