Job Description / Requirements
1. Performs diagnostic medical sonograms, transfers patient to scan Ultrasound room, explain procedure and position according to protocol.
a. Communicates effectively and empathetically with patients or relatives of patients prior to, during and after an examination.
b. Operates ultrasonography equipment and other equipment/devices such as appropriate (Mammogram machine, and X-ray machine)
c. Displays broad knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy, pathology and/or physiological data to obtain optimal studies.
d. Constantly evaluates accuracy and quality of scan results.
e. Provide privacy, dignity and comfort of the patient by thoroughly explaining the examination, patient positioning and implementing proper draping techniques.
f. Practice aseptic technique as necessary.
2. Acknowledges request in the system, receives and process radiographic request; Checks and reviews charges
a. Accurately interprets a physician’s scanning instructions (for OPD doctor’s request form on paper, for IPD through the system and patients chart).
b. Reviews medical record for patient history and supporting clinical data.
3. Selects and records preliminary study results; makes pertinent measurements and label, then direct to Sonologist for interpretation; consults with Sonologist about unusual scans and need for re-scanning and assist with the interpretation.
4. Organizes daily work in the Radiology Reception area:
a. Schedules patient due for the procedure.
b. Encodes, sorts and files films and results.
c. Forwards results to their respective wards (provided when the clerk is not on duty)
5. Performs daily calibration check on equipment and minor maintenance procedures; cleanliness is maintained. Log problems and usage; coordinate to the Senior Radiographer/ Chief Radiographer as appropriate.
6. Participate in Quality .Assurance./Quality Control programs as appropriate; maintain Department of Health (DOH) compliance and any other regulations specific to the section.
How to Apply
How to apply: Send us your resume thru: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org with TITLE: “Ultrasound Technologist” You can also drop by at our HR department here in World Citi Medical Center, 3F Look for Ms. Hana